Library, Room 4301
- Dr. Susan Deer, Title III Coordinator/Project Director
- Christie Cruse, Director of Title III Activity
The Title III – Strengthening Institutions grant was awarded to RCC by the federal Department of Education in October 2010. Title III will make fundamental changes in the freshman year experience, teaching and learning in gateway courses, and the quality and availability of academic support services. These three strategic pathways will promote student success by:
- Increasing student retention and achievement
- Increasing graduation rates
- Strengthening student engagement
Strengthening the First-Year Experience will increase the retention of first-year students by providing a Comprehensive Orientation, a First-Year Experience Seminar, and Online Freshman Interest Groups.
Redesigning Gateway Courses will promote student engagement and achievement with innovative instructional designs and comprehensive web-enhanced course resources in 22 courses with high failure rates.
Integrated Academic Services will centralize and web-enhance academic support services through:
- Online tutoring
- Aligning academic support with gateway course instruction
- Implementing a new instructor referral and online appointment system
- Introducing a highly effective early alert and student tracking system to provide timely feedback to students at-risk
Extensive Professional Development will be included in all pathways as components of the larger, overall Title III Activity to ensure integration and institutionalization of all initiatives.