Rockland Community College is dedicated to providing learning opportunities to all members of our community. The Speakers Bureau is part of our commitment to serve as a resource for personal development and enrichment. We offer our services to all types of organizations - civic, community, professional, business, social.
All speakers are members of the faculty, staff or administration of the College. Sample topics include art history, global business, careers, paying for college, math anxiety, parenting, gender issues, nutrition, media, recycling, education, photography and more.
Arrangements are made directly with the speaker for time, place, and any honorarium or equipment required.
- Art History Presentations and Discussions
- Photography Presentations on the Amistad, Hurricane Katrina or West Africa
- Genealogy: Researching Your Family History
- Theatre and Film Presentations
- The Girl Who Survived
- Journey to Ellis Island
- The History of the African Presence in the Lower Hudson River Valley
- Bridging the Generation Gap in the Workplace
- How to Maximize Employee Engagement in your Workplace
- Global Business Communications
- Debate Workshop
- How to Overcome Math Anxiety
- Developing Skills to Succeed in College
- Law Basics
- Outreach in the Outback
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program at RCC
- Rockland Community College: The Future of Higher Education/Pluralism in Higher Education
- Financial Aid 101: A General Overview of the Student Financial Aid Programs and the Application Process
- Women's and Gender Studies Talks
- American Heart Association Heartsaver Course
- It's Never Too Late For Good Nutrition
- Compassion Fatigue of Caregivers
- Slowing the Aging Process with Nutrition and Life Style Factors
- Functional Nutrition: How to Make the Most of Your Food Choices
- What Causes Cholesterol to Rise: A Functional Nutritional Perspective
- How to Get Fat: It's All About the Fuel and (What Your Body Does With It)
- What is Good Nutrition?