Temporary Hourly Professional (29 hours per week)– Career Specialist JLD Program/Veterans/Applied Learning
Temporary Hourly Professional (29 hours per week) – Career Specialist JLD Program/Veterans/Applied Learning
The Career Specialist’s responsibility will be to provide the following tasks:
- administer the Job Location Development Program on campus, providing one-on-one assistance to students in off-campus job placement
- manage JobNet, the College’s online employment website
- recruit and place students in both for-profit and nonprofit worksites including screening student applicants, coordinating and managing interview schedules, and providing appropriate follow up
- maintain a database for all applied learning employer and student participants
- locate, recruit and visit employment opportunities that reflect and reinforce the educational and/or vocational goals of each student
- continue to provide and develop the veterans career program, “From Combat to Careers”, including workshops specifically geared to the needs of veterans.
- provide workshops and classroom presentations
- provide career and employment counseling
- provide one-on-one resume and cover letter writing assistance
- maintain all records on individual student placement and wages
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years in an academic or business environment. Excellent presentation skills, Ability to perform complex and independent tasks. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Access. Excellent people skills to relate to business community, faculty, students and staff. Excellent communication and skills: written and verbal. Professional and pleasant demeanor. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Flexibility a must.
Submit Resumes to:
Rockland Community College
Human Resources Office
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901
or email email@example.com
April 24, 2017
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.