The Research Specialist supports internal academic research and assessment activities for the College. The Research Specialist must:
- Develop and create computer programs to analyze college data;
- Plan and execute critical data collection processes for graduate and third party surveys, and faculty evaluations;
- Review methods to analyze College data in consultation with the Director;
- Transform data into readily accessible formats, reports and web pages including creating charts, graphs, visuals, writings;
- Audit College data for systematic errors. Ensure consistency in data definition across College data users and managers
- Manage Institutional Research & Effectiveness website and intranet page.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistical analysis or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization or equivalent technical experience
Experience: One to two years of related experience. Knowledge of SPSS or R statistical language required.
Preferred: Master’s in social science, statistical analysis or related field. Knowledge of databases.
$58,643 - $63,240
Submit Resumes to:
References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
September 5, 2016
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.