Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Advisor
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid (FA), the Financial Aid Advisor will assist in the administrative tasks required of the federal financial aid programs.
- Utilize RCC’s student information system, Ellucian Colleague including to query and manipulate data;
- Use and devise automated processes for FA’s operational tasks, including assisting in the development of electronic methods for student self-services
- Adjust student aid awards based upon changes to student enrollment, eligibility and revised FASA data;
- Complete federal return to Title IV (R2T4) refund calculations & apply results to student financial aid data
- Access & manipulate data through external constituents’ website(s) (e.g. CPS, HESC, COD, NSLDS and ELM)
- Assist students & families in the financial aid process, including with online federal and state applications
- Collaborate with the RCC Foundation Scholarship Committee to determine and award institutional aid
- Assist in FA’s default prevention and financial literacy initiatives;
- Develop successful inter-departmental relationships;
- As seasonally required, determine financial aid eligibility, resolve conflicting data, complete federal verification & package student aid; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology, social science, business or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization or equivalent technical experience
Experience: One to two years of experience in Financial Aid: proficiency in student information system management, data manipulation, and MS Office applications, excellent verbal and written skills.
Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole. Five years of Financial Aid experience
$57,494 - $62,000
Submit Resumes to:
Please submit cover letter and resume as one attachment.
References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Open until filled
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.