Director of Fiscal Services
Director of Fiscal Services
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President/Controller, the incumbent will perform complex financial analysis functions.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board of Trustees detailing items such as vacancy control, major contracts, union agreements, enrollment figures, tuition rates and personnel & fringe benefits
- Use complex financial models with multiple variables in order to perform the aforementioned tasks
- Project and track costs to enable the Vice President of Finance & Administration, the Board of Trustees and President of the College to have current detailed information for financial oversight
- Responsibility for the direct supervision of Payroll, Accounts Payable and the Purchasing Departments
- Review and update departmental policies and procedures, and recommend changes accordingly
- Manages financial management software systems as related to Accounts Payable, Payroll and Purchasing functions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field including satisfactory completion of a minimum of 12 credits in accounting from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization. High level technical training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Experience: Candidate must have five years’ experience in accounting, auditing & budgeting including (a) the principals and techniques of financial analysis including ratios, financial modeling, depreciation guidelines, risk and variance analysis and (b) financial alternatives available to the public sector with emphasis on the expanded reporting requirements of public entities, specifically community colleges.
$72,120 - $85,000
Submit Resumes to:
References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Open until filled: review of resumes will begin on April 11, 2016
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.