The Assistant will assist in supporting the goals of the Campus Communications Department by
- Utilizing College equipment, providing photography for marketing, social media, website and publications;
- Maintaining online databases of digital assets;
- Cover College events with photography and some videography; organizing photo shoots to fulfill photography needs;
- Creating and sending press releases and images to the media;
- Assisting in development and placement of recruitment advertisements in various online and print media;
- Creating and posting visual and written content on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- Serving as point person on campus for maintaining a calendar of events and disseminating such information as needed;
- Creating and sending out weekly events e-newsletter to College Community;
- Assisting in projects such as updating Media Experts Guide and Speakers Bureau; signage; display cases; proofreading publications and;
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s degree in a communications related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization or equivalent technical experience.
Skills: Skills and knowledge in communications, marketing or other creative field. Outstanding photographic, writing and communication skills. Highly organized; accuracy and attention to detail; results oriented. Familiarity with digital asset management. Computer literacy in Windows.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a communications related field.
$51,334 - $60,000
Submit Resumes to:
Please submit cover letter and resume as one attachment.
References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
November 21, 2016
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
RCC embraces diversity at the core of our educational mission; fosters an environment that attracts, recruits, supports and retains faculty, students and staff who value diversity; and maintains a climate of civility for all who work, study or visit.