Student Responsibility and Safety Tips
We want you to enjoy your college experience, so please be careful! Use common sense. You may encounter situations that are unfamiliar to you; remember to take sensible precautions. It is your responsibility to take charge of your personal safety.
There are many methods you can use to protect yourself in most situations.
PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS
- Call for a Public Safety Escort.
- Use well-lit and busy sidewalks.
- Park you car in designated areas. Lock the doors and keep valuables out of sight or stored in the trunk.
- Walk with confidence and alertness.Assailants are less likely to target a person who appears assertive and difficult to intimidate.
- Report any suspicious individuals to campus Public Safety immediately at x4217 or ext. 4238.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Develop a plan of action.
- If you are ever the victim of a crime, get a description of the perpetrator and contact campus Public Safety immediately.
- Students must actively accept responsibility of doing their part to maintain a safe campus.
CAMPUS DRIVING SAFETY TIPS
- Obey all traffic laws, signs, parking signs and road markings.
- Yield to all pedestrians at crosswalks and come to a complete stop at all stop signs.
- Do not pass vehicles stopped at crosswalks.
- Be aware of pedestrians and vehicles when backing up.
- Use extra caution when driving at night.
- During inclement weather, remember that your stopping distance is increased.
Always be alert and drive safely.