- Amy Frank 574-4250
- Donna Weber 574-4297
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROCEDURES
In order to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices necessary for maintaining good relationships with our vendors, the following procedures must be followed.
Purchases of goods and services require an appropriately coded and authorized Requisition Form that is submitted to the Purchasing Department before the order is placed with the vendor. If there are any questions regarding this procedure, the Purchasing Department should be contacted.
PURCHASE ORDER is generated from the requisition and copies are distributed as follows:
- Vendor copy - sent to the vendor.
- Department Copy - sent to the requisitioner indicating that the order has been placed. It should be maintained for the department's records.
Accounts Payable and Receiving copies are sent to the Central Supply (Receiving) department.
Accounts Payable copy of service P.O.s (guest speakers, instructors, workshops, conference requests), are sent directly to the initiator. These Accounts Payable copies must be signed and returned to Accounts Payable as soon as the service is performed so that the invoice can be paid on a timely basis. For conference requests, the Accounts Payable copy will be held in the Accounts Payable department and the initiator will sign it when they come for their check(s).
When a shipment of merchandise is received:
- The vendor's packing list will be checked against the P.O. by Central Receiving. If the two documents match, the shipped items will be entered as "received" in the computer system.
- The Receiving department delivers the package to the appropriate department.
- The person accepting the merchandise signs the "Receiving" copy to acknowledge delivery. Central Supply retains the Receiving copy for its records.
- The Accounts Payable copy is left in the department along with the merchandise. This is to be signed and returned to the A/P department after the content of the shipment has been verified. It is very important that this copy is returned to Accounts Payable!
- If delivery has been made, the items have been received and entered into the system, and we do not receive the signed Accounts Payable copy, the invoice will NOT be paid. All purchase order payments require both an invoice and a signed Accounts Payable copy for payment to be made.
- When the invoice comes to the Accounts Payable department, verification will be made against the signed Accounts Payable copy of the purchase order to determine which items have been received, and payment will be processed.
Memberships and Subscriptions
A properly completed and authorized requisition must be submitted to the Purchasing Department prior to the processing of membership dues and subscriptions. Purchasing will no longer be issuing a Purchase Order for these items, but will forward the requisition directly to Accounts Payable for payment. Please attach the registration or subscription form to the requisition, keeping a copy for your records. Accounts Payable will forward the paperwork to the company with the check.