Transport of Rockland (TOR) Bus System serves RCC's main campus from all corners of Rockland County. Currently, TOR has five Bus Routes (59, 93, 94, 95, Loop 3) that stop at RCC each weekday with day and evening routes. TOR buses also provide transportation to the campus on Saturdays and Sundays.
All buses pick up and drop off at the front door of the Cultural Arts Center. RCC provides an outdoor and an indoor waiting area for your comfort. You can also find a bus schedule rack there.
Student Bus Passes
RCC students can purchase a $60 semester-long bus pass at the Bursar’s Office (Technology Center, 1st Floor) for unlimited rides on Transport of Rockland (TOR) and TAPPANZEExpress buses.* The more you use the pass, the more you will save. The pass card can be purchased at the Bursar's Office, which can be paid through Financial Aid, Student Loans, cash or credit card. TOR and TAPPAN ZEExpress buses operate 11 bus routes, five of which stop at the Cultural Arts Center. Students can easily transfer to the other TOR and TAPPAN ZEExpress routes at the Spring Valley Rail Station. Just show your bus pass card to any TOR or TAPPAN ZEExpress bus driver and enjoy the ride.
*Bus pass is valid only during the semester it was purchased. For example, if you purchase the Bus Pass for Spring Semester, the pass is valid only during the Spring Semester. One (1) bus pass per semester - No Replacement.
Check out the price of gas and do the math!
You can also buy Super Saver tickets at 10 rides for $11. A single-ride cash fare is $2, and cash transfers are an extra 50 cents. Transfers are valid on TOR, TAPPAN ZEE Express, Clarkstown MINI-TRANS, Spring Valley Jitney and Westchester Beeline buses. The pass is also valid on TAPPAN ZEExpress buses from Rockland to Metro North rail stations at Tarrytown and White Plains in Westchester at an extra cost. Several TOR routes from RCC also connect to downtown Suffern, where passengers can transfer to Shortline buses or New Jersey Transit trains at an extra cost. NJ Transit also offer a college student pass discount.
Contact the Bursar's Office for more information at 845-574-4417.
Other Public Transportation
- Clarkstown MINI-TRANS - Bus Service from Nanuet to various locations in Clarkstown
- Coach USA - Rockland Coaches - Connecting Service from Rockland County to various location in NJ and NYC
- Coach USA - Shortline - Connecting Service from Suffern to Bergen County (NJ) and New York City
- NJ Transit Bus Service -Connecting Service within New Jersey
- Spring Valley Jitney - Connecting Service within Spring Valley
- TAPPAN ZEExpress Bus - Connecting Service to and from Rockland and Westchester counties
- Westchester Beeline - Connecting Service within Westchester County.
- Metro-North Train -Train Service from Westchester to New York City. Use TZx to connect to Metro-North stations in Westchester (Tarrytown or White Plains station)
- New Jersey Transit - Train Service from Rockland to New Jersey and New York City
- NJ Transit Student Pass